CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002)
DoD Approved 8570: IAM Level I, CSSP Analyst, CSSP Infrastructure Support
|Number of Exams:
Hands-on instruction by a certified instructor
Includes all course materials
CompTIA Cloud+ validates the skills you need to maintain and optimize cloud infrastructure services.
- Cloud+ covers the increased diversity of knowledge, skills and abilities required of system administrators to validate what is necessary to perform effectively in data center jobs.
- CompTIA Cloud+ views cloud-based infrastructure services as an increasingly important piece of an organization’s IT systems.
- It is the only vendor-neutral, performance-based certification covering more than a specific vendor or a single function — such as security or networking — to help you better realize the return on investment of cloud infrastructure services.
CompTIA Cloud+ is now compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8570.01-M requirements.
What Skills Will You Learn?
- Configurations & Deployment
Analyze system requirements to successfully execute workload migrations to the cloud.
Determine proper allocation of cloud resources and apply necessary changes, based on performance data.
Apply appropriate technologies and processes, including automation and orchestration, to ensure desired system performance.
Implement appropriate security controls given requirements.
Troubleshoot capacity, automation, connectivity and security issues related to cloud implementations.
Jobs That Use Cloud+
- System Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Network Engineer
- Cloud Developer
- Cloud Specialist
- Project Manager, Cloud
- Computing Services
- Cloud Engineer
- Manager, Data Center SANs
- Business Analyst, Cloud Computing
CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) reflects an emphasis on incorporating and managing cloud technologies as part of broader systems operations. It assumes a candidate will weave together solutions that meet specific business needs and work in a variety of different industries.
It includes new technologies to support the changing cloud market as more organizations depend on cloud-based technologies to run mission critical systems, now that hybrid and multi-cloud have become the norm.
1.0 Configuration and Deployment
Given a scenario, analyze system requirements to ensure successful system deployment.
- Appropriate commands, structure, tools, and automation/orchestration as needed
- Platforms and applications
- Interaction of cloud components and services
- Interaction of non-cloud components and services
- Target hosts
- Existing systems
- Cloud architecture
- Cloud elements/target objects
Given a scenario, execute a provided deployment plan.
- Apply the change management process
- Refer to documentation and follow standard operating procedures
- Execute workflow
- Configure automation and orchestration, where appropriate, for the system being deployed
- Use commands and tools as needed
- Document results
Given a scenario, analyze system requirements to determine if a given testing plan is appropriate.
- Underlying environmental considerations included in the testing plan
- Testing techniques
Given a scenario, analyze testing results to determine if the testing was successful in relation to given system requirements.
- Consider success factor indicators of the testing environment
- Document results
- Baseline comparisons
- SLA comparisons
- Cloud performance fluctuation variables
Given a scenario, analyze sizing, subnetting, and basic routing for a provided deployment of the virtual network.
- Cloud deployment models
- Network components
- Applicable port and protocol considerations when extending to the cloud
- Determine configuration for the applicable platform as it applies to the network
- Determine if cloud resources are consistent with the SLA and/or change management requirements
Given a scenario, analyze CPU and memory sizing for a provided deployment.
- Available vs. proposed resources
- Memory technologies
- CPU technologies
- Effect to HA/DR
- Performance considerations
- Cost considerations
- Energy savings
- Dedicated compute environment vs. shared compute environment
Given a scenario, analyze the appropriate storage type and protection capability for a provided deployment.
- Requested IOPS and read/ write throughput
- Protection capabilities
- Storage types
- Access protocols
- Management differences
- Provisioning model
- Storage technologies
- Storage tiers
- Overcommitting storage
- Security configurations for applicable platforms
Given a scenario, analyze characteristics of the workload (storage, network, compute) to ensure a successful migration.
- Migration types
- Source and destination format of the workload
- Network connections and data transfer methodologies
- Standard operating procedures for the workload migration
- Environmental constraints
Given a scenario, apply elements required to extend the infrastructure into a given cloud solution.
- Identity management elements
- Appropriate protocols given requirements
- Element considerations to deploy infrastructure services
Given a scenario, apply security configurations and compliance controls to meet given cloud infrastructure requirements.
- Company security policies
- Apply security standards for the selected platform
- Compliance and audit requirements governing the environment
- Encryption technologies
- Implement automation and orchestration processes as applicable
- Appropriate configuration for the applicable platform as it applies to compute
Given a scenario, apply the appropriate ACL to the target objects to meet access requirements according to a security template.
- Authorization to objects in the cloud
- Effect of cloud service models on security implementations
- Effect of cloud deployment models on security implementations
- Access control methods
Given a cloud service model, implement defined security technologies to meet given security requirements.
- Data classification
- Concepts of segmentation and microsegmentation
- Use encryption as defined
- Use multifactor authentication as defined
- Apply defined audit/ compliance requirements
Given a cloud service model, apply the appropriate security automation technique to the target system.
- Security services
- Impact of security tools to systems and services
- Impact of security automation techniques as they relate to the criticality of systems
Given a cloud service model, determine the appropriate methodology to apply given patches.
- Scope of cloud elements to be patched
- Patching methodologies and standard operating procedures
- Use order of operations as it pertains to elements that will be patched
- Dependency considerations
Given a scenario, apply the appropriate automation tools to update cloud elements.
- Types of updates
- Automation workflow
- Activities to be performed by automation tools
Given a scenario, apply an appropriate backup or restore method.
- Backup types
- Backup targets
- Other considerations
Given a cloud-based scenario, apply appropriate disaster recovery methods.
- DR capabilities of a cloud service provider
- Other considerations
Given a cloud-based scenario, apply the appropriate steps to ensure business continuity.
- Business continuity plan
- SLAs for BCP and HA
Given a scenario, apply the appropriate maintenance automation technique to the target objects.
- Maintenance schedules
- Impact and scope of maintenance tasks
- Impact and scope of maintenance automation techniques
- Include orchestration as appropriate
- Maintenance automation tasks
Given a scenario, analyze defined metrics to determine the presence of an abnormality and/or forecast future needed cloud resources.
- Event correlation
- Forecasting resource capacity
- Policies in support of event collection
- Policies to communicate alerts appropriately
Given a scenario, determine the appropriate allocation of cloud resources.
- Resources needed based on cloud deployment models
- Capacity/elasticity of cloud environment
- Support agreements
- Configuration management tool
- Resource balancing techniques
- Change management
Given a scenario, determine when to provision/ deprovision cloud resources.
- Usage patterns
- Cloud bursting
- Cloud provider migrations
- Extending cloud scope
- Application life cycle
- Business need change
Given a scenario, implement account provisioning techniques in a cloud environment to meet security and policy requirements.
- Authentication methods
- Authorization methods
- Account life cycle
- Account management policy
- Automation and orchestration activities
Given a scenario, analyze deployment results to confirm they meet the baseline.
- Procedures to confirm results
Given a specific environment and related data (e.g., performance, capacity, trends), apply appropriate changes to meet expected criteria.
- Analyze performance trends
- Refer to baselines
- Refer to SLAs
- Tuning of cloud target objects
- Recommend changes to meet expected performance/capacity
Given SLA requirements, determine the appropriate metrics to report.
- Chargeback/showback models
- Dashboard and reporting
Given a scenario, troubleshoot a deployment issue.
- Common issues in the deployments
Given a scenario, troubleshoot common capacity issues.
- Exceeded cloud capacity boundaries
- Deviation from original baseline
- Unplanned expansions
Given a scenario, troubleshoot automation/orchestration issues.
- Breakdowns in the workflow
Given a scenario, troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Common networking issues
- Network tool outputs
- Network connectivity tools
- Remote access tools for troubleshooting
Given a scenario, troubleshoot security issues.
- Authentication issues
- Authorization issues
- Federation and single sign-on issues
- Certificate expiration
- Certification misconfiguration
- External attacks
- Internal attacks
- Privilege escalation
- Internal role change
- External role change
- Security device failure
- Incorrect hardening settings
- Unencrypted communication
- Unauthorized physical access
- Unencrypted data
- Weak or obsolete security technologies
- Insufficient security controls and processes
- Tunneling or encryption issues
Given a scenario, explain the troubleshooting methodology.
- Always consider corporate policies, procedures and impacts before implementing changes
- Identify the problem
- Establish a theory of probable cause (question the obvious)
- Test the theory to determine cause
- Establish a plan of action to resolve the problem and implement the solution
- Verify full system functionality and, if applicable, implement preventive measures
- Document findings, actions and outcomes
MCSEClasses.com is your best choice for CompTIA Cloud+,
CompTIA Cloud+ training,
CompTIA Cloud+ certification,
CompTIA Cloud+ certification boot camp,
CompTIA Cloud+ boot camp,
CompTIA Cloud+ certification training,
CompTIA Cloud+ boot camp training,
CompTIA Cloud+ boot camp certification,
CompTIA Cloud+ certification course,
CompTIA Cloud+ course,
training CompTIA Cloud+,
certification CompTIA Cloud+,
boot camp CompTIA Cloud+,
certification CompTIA Cloud+ boot camp,
certification CompTIA Cloud+ training,
boot camp CompTIA Cloud+ training,
certification CompTIA Cloud+ course.